The Trophée Startup 2023 is back for its fourth consecutive year, organized by the Embassy of France in Chile, Business France, and Inria Chile, with the aim of promoting the internationalization of Chilean startups. This competition seeks Chilean scientific and technological ventures with global potential to accelerate their businesses in France, the most attractive European country for international investments since 2020, according to the EY Barometer.
In this edition, the initiative has the collaboration of the National Agency for Research and Development (ANID), Banco Estado, Corfo, Start-Up Chile, and ProChile, with the sponsorship of Air France, BNP Paribas, Engie, and Total Eren.
The Trophée Startup was created to contribute to positioning Chile and France as attractive and dynamic markets and innovation ecosystems, as well as to reinforce economic and scientific cooperation between both countries. It aims to boost Chilean startups with high commercial and growth potential, accelerate the implementation process of scientific and technological startups in the French market, and foster networks and alliances between French and Chilean actors in the R&D&i&e ecosystems
Since its creation in 2020, eight startups have benefited from this program, and previous winners have already established new international partnerships and made progress in consolidating their businesses in Europe. This is the case of EVoting, a Chilean company that provides electronic voting and assembly services, which participated in the 2022 edition and, after their internationalization experience in France, decided to open a branch there.
We are going to settle there for at least a year. We are talking with possible partnerships, with other companies that are developing in France, to join forces and bring our experience to France.
Co-founder and CEO of EVoting
What does the award consist of?
A training and internationalization package in Chile and France, with support and funding in:
- Training in deeptech by Inria Academy and about the French market and its opportunities, dictated by Business France.
- Networking in Chile and France (research centers, public organizations, companies, etc.).
- Tailor-made program and training for two to three weeks in a world-renowned accelerator.
- Participation in Vivatech, the most important technology event in the world.
- Round trip ticket Chile/France where the internationalization will take place.
- Per diem during the stay in France.
- Visibility of the winning startups through the press and social networks.
Who can apply?
The Trophée Startup is aimed at Chilean science and technology-based companies with an international development plan.
- Be a company with legal personality under private law incorporated in Chile, with a creation date not exceeding 10 years at the time of application.
- Proof of sales in the 12 months prior to applying to the competition and/or having benefited from financing through public or private, national or international competitive funds during the previous 12 months.
The call for Chilean startups will be open until September 1, 2023 and the winners will be announced during the same month, to begin their acceleration during the first half of 2024.
Informative Webinar on August 1, at 10:00 a.m. Registration here.
In this informative webinar, the bases of the 2023 contest will be detailed, as well as presenting the opportunities of the French market and success stories of the Trophée Startup. A moment for Q&A will take place at the end of this instance.